Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bulling starts at home ....

Bullies suck!

I am not saying a few names will kill a person. if you smell bad we should also be able to address that in a fashion that isnt belittling or harmful.
A kid shouldn't have to be " Friends" with everyone. But they should be taught on how to get along with everyone. and if that isn't even possible to walk away!
this shouldn't be taught in school. this is OUR Job as parents.
Today I witnessed it and I stood up.
a Little boy in Kaleb's grade was being pushed, punched and flung by his backpack.
the little boy who weighed perhaps 50 lbs has now a bum full of wet mud! and likely a sore tummy.
I helped him up and I took a look at the two boys whom I KNOW ... and told them to back off, I turned around and seen the mother of one of the boys watching saying nothing. just watching . I told her son he was being mean and cruel to the other child and that it was absolutely unacceptable.
Kaleb looked at me and leaned in to me so I would put my arms around him.
I did, I told Kaleb he could go and play he said he didn't want too.. and that he wanted to talk so I walked to a quieter spot he said the one boy the one with the Mother there
( whom happened to HAVE BEEN my friend after this I revoke that friendship)
was mean to most of his friends and he didn't want to be friends with him anymore, I told Kaleb he didn't have to be friends with him, but he has to be NICE to him and treat him with the same respect as he does anyone else.
then I came home and seen my friend Amanda posted this video


and I started to cry almost instantly.
This little boy I am speaking of is a victim the one who is the little second grade bully.
His Father has him training to be a UFC fighter he is 7 and has 3 forms of martial arts training red belts and a few black stripes, his Dad is cruel to him Mom calls her stupid and ugly.

so folks before you know it a kid will act the way they are taught so you be the big person, stand up to a 7 year old bully before they become a 16 year old juvenile delinquent.
seriously parents wake up!

I get sarcastic, I am sarcastic.
I get angry, I swear more then most fucking men.
I get it, I really do.
But I also get the fact that I have children.
so to avoid the call from the cop shop for their sweet sixteen. all you have to do is follow this one rule

BE A PARENT

this means actually doing YOUR Job, I know this is a concept many dont understand so I will dumb it down.

  • a Child Wants to be the boss, but guess what? they cant be they dont have the life experience to be a adult stop treating them as such! Allow them to lead while your leading them. Teach your children to make good choices. this is your JOB!

  • Protect your child from abuse, and yep, that means if people are assholes to you walk away a child will see that and see wait if so and so cant treat Dad like that I cant treat that lil' runt in class like that.

  • A child Wants to have a soft place to land, open those communication lines allow your child to speak freely however teach them WHEN to do so.

  • All Children have the RIGHT To feel loved and not pressured in school, sports, friendships or anything they are kids their job is to grow and learn. Our job is to do the rest

  • Chores are essential for children teaches them to do what has to be done before what we want to do.

  • A Child is looking for direction, support, guidance, and stucture their brains cant teach themselves that no matter how smart they are. You job as a parent is to PARENT the kids.

    No child is looking for a friend with Mom and Dad they are looking for a Mom and dad. They want that. They want us to say no and to teach them how to do stuff.
    a child is not a grown up.
    they are not put on this earth so we can live through them. the more you push on that the worse a kid you will get

1 comment:

  1. I love it Shelli. Today's parent need a little does of Black coffee from time to time. Everything's not all roses all the time.

    ReplyDelete